ODR and Mediation
To encourage open discussion and resolution of conflicts without court intervention, while avoiding extra costs and time a court hearing can cause. ODR will be used for small claims and eviction cases.
ODR & Mediation
What is ODR (Online Dispute Resolution)?
- can be completed anytime
- can be completed anywhere
- eliminating time off work or scheduling conflicts
- Avoids court costs if used before filing a case
- ODR negotiations cannot be used in other proceedings
- Participants who resolve their own disputes are more likely to stick to the terms of that settlement
What is Mediation?
- Available through ODR Platform
- Brings neutral third party trained in Mediation into the process to assist in reaching settlement
- Assists parties in communicating with each other
- Can include an online meeting if necessary to further settlement negotiations
Is ODR Mandatory?
- Yes. All small claims cases are required to go through ODR. Failure to do so will result in delays in your case, dismissal or default judgment against you
- ODR is expected to be completed by hearing. If ODR is not attempted, your case may be continued resulting in a delay of your hearing.